eyeNET Backup Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP")
Your services may be suspended or terminated for violation of this AUP in accordance with the eyeNET Backup Terms of Service.
Capitalized terms used in this AUP shall have the meaning given in the Terms of Service.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to email@example.com.
You may not use eyeNET Backup Services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user of the eyeNET Backup service or other network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization;
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting);
- Collecting or using information without the consent of the owner of the information;
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Use of the service to distribute software that covertly gathers information about a user or covertly transmits information about the user;
- Use of the service for distribution of advertisement delivery software unless: (i) the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and (ii) the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems; (such as Microsoft’s “ad/remove” tool); or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the eyeNET network or website, or eyeNET’s employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS) or provoking a termination or threatened termination of our Hosted Cloud account.
Excessive Use of System Resources
You may not use your Service in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the eyeNET Backup services generally.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a eyeNET Backup system or network or to breach eyeNET Backup’s security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without eyeNET’s express written consent.
You may not publish, transmit or store on or via eyeNET Backup’s network and equipment any content or links to any content that eyeNET reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Jungle Disk; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent or may result in retaliation against Jungle Disk by offended viewers.
Content “published or transmitted” via eyeNET’s network or equipment includes Web content, email, bulletin board postings, chat and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on the Internet.
You may not use eyeNET’s network or Services to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy or use in any manner any text, music, software, art, image or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; or
- you are otherwise permitted by established copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
It is eyeNET’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the services of customers who are repeat infringers.
You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers’ data that is stored on the same system.